1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Unbelievable eBay find! (Fender Content)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by guy n. cognito, Nov 30, 2006.

1. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    To be honest, the only reason I bought this bass is because I got it so cheap on ebay. The auction ended on the Friday after Thanksgiving, and I don't think alot of people were using ebay as an excuse not to talk to their relatives, like me. ;) I assumed that this bass would not be in the best of condition. The seller's pictures weren't very good, and the bass looked to have more damage than it does. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box today. 45 minutes of cleaning, restringing and setup later, this is what I have to show for it. I had really intended to sell this bass after the new year for a small profit, but I think I will be keeping it. The neck is perfect. There are no major dings or scratches. Even the case is in decent condition. So, here it is, a new-to-me 1996 Fender Jazz Deluxe V:

1996FenderJazzDeluxeV004.

1996FenderJazzDeluxeV009.

1996FenderJazzDeluxeV008.

1996FenderJazzDeluxeV005.

1996FenderJazzDeluxeV007.

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I bought my Fender American Deluxe Precision just because it was a great deal as well (on eBay). I was actually the only bidder for some reason so I got it at the starting bid price.

3. looks great. and it appears to be in great shape for a 10 year old bass.

what is the finish? it looks translucent...very nice.

4. Horny Toad

Horny Toad Guest

Mar 4, 2005
    NJ
    Nice score! Damn fine looking Jazz. :bassist:

[​IMG]

5. guy n. cognito

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I believe the color is called crimson transparent. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but you can see the grain through the finish. It also has a subtle sunburst effect, really more like a slight darkening on the edges. .

6. fenderx55

fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    NYC/Queens
    Yeah, that's an incredibly awesome color.

7. It looks transparent in several of those shots. The wood floor helps the effect.

8. Thats what I was thinking, but i have an old, dying monitor. Looks spectacular. Congrats :D
    The grain in the Back shot matches your floor fairly well. Had me questioning my monitor even more.

9. Bone

Bone

Oct 28, 2006
    Under $600 shipped! Yikes Nice score! I had the 96 4 string in the same color not the deluxe.

10. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I dig it.

Great color too.

11. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    the pg looks awesome too! nice bass

12. guy n. cognito

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Yeah, it was a pretty good deal.

13. Floorplay

Floorplay

Oct 27, 2006
    nice, how much did you get it for?

14. guy n. cognito

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Slightly under $600.

15. Soma666

Soma666

Aug 27, 2006
    the sex!!!!!!!!

16. guy n. cognito

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN

Yeah, I was going for the Nino effect! ;)

17. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

I have a '96 Jazz Deluxe 4-stringer in the same "crimson-burst" color. Crimson metallic solid outside with transparent inside. I think that's a discontinued finish.

I'm not a fan of Fender fivers, but that's definitely a good score. I paid (traded) more for my 4-string.

18. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    ...I think I saw that one on the bay...the large pole Suhr pickups are pretty unique sounding. It should be a nice compliment to your sunburst 5er. how's the B string on that one? Nice score...

19. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    wow... sweet color!

20. guy n. cognito

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    The b is comparable to my other Deluxe and my Valenti. The tone is definitely different from my other deluxe, but not dramatically so. I have to let the new strings settle in before I can make a direct comparison.