Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Unbelievable!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ApeIsHigh81, Aug 26, 2004.

1. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    You know that bleach blonde thumb ending on ebay right now? I sent her an email saying that I thought it was bull that no matter who won the reserve-free auction unless it hit over 1200 wouldn't get anything since she decided to apply an imaginary reserve after it was bid on. This was her reply, un-altered in any way.

"your email adress is low end that must be why you were up set aw are you poor that is what you meant right i screwed it up so poor people could not take advantage of me. i was made an offer after the posting and people had already bid at that point i could not ad a resevre price and thought it only far not to pull the listing. sorry i dont have any fenders or cheap low end crap for you. maybe you should try word like ****ty broken dented destroyed and crap when you search you might find things you can aford then.
    thanks so much for your question i look forward to never doing bisness with you

thanks again"

This is the kicker for me;

"oh and just so you know it never means anything when you bid on anyone's auction unless you win.

She makes too much sense for me.
    Impressive isn't it?
    BTW I know IT'S a she since her name's Carmen, I don't want anyone saying I'm a meathead jumping to conclusions

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Wait, so you sent her a harrassing e-mail about an auction you didn't bid on, and you're surprised she was mean back?

3. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    I was going to bid pal. Besides that the point is I hate ignorant people.

4. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    hmmm... doesn't seem like she's fond of, "Poor people". :meh:

5. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Well, I generally would start out with a request for a clarification rather than an accusation.

But....I think you're well clear of that one anyway.

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Well, since this looks more like a 'b*tch about a bass on Ebay' than a Bass thread, I am moving it to Miscellaneous.

7. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Hey guys - I sent an email to that person as well, in a more advisory tone.. "Hey, just so you know - eBay regulations, and whatever pertinent laws, dictate that the auction bid is a binding contract, so you should pull the auction and add a reserve if you don't want to sell below a certain price, else you may get screwed over"... I even mentioned what a great bass it was and how I'd love to have one again. Didn't get a response at all. Guess that's better than what could've happened.

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    No.

You sent an email to a bass? You're weird.

Can't that be a guy's name too?

If you're really PO'ed I'd sent a complaint to Ebay and include her email and what she did with the auction.

brad cook

9. DubDubs

DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Does anybody have a link to this auction?

10. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    that's stupid to harass someone about something that you have no idea about at all.

11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    He meant to say, "That's stupid to harass someone over something about which you have no idea at all."

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    It's the thought that counts.

Not that Hallmark wants it known, but there you have it.

13. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

why cant she just put the starting price at the minimum price?

14. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Take all the money out of your bank account, get it all in cash (20s or 50s preferable). Hold that in one hand, a sign in the other that has "(instert her screen name) is a ***** "
    and have a sweet rig/expensive car behind you.

Also have a large house in the background.

Tell her in the e-mail (with the picture as an attachment) that you were going to offer $2000, but because she was so rude, you are going to buy something better than her "little toy bass". A Sadowsky or something.

Complex, yes...but it will:
    1. Show her up.
    2. Get your point across.
    3. Embarrass her.

15. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    4. Take a lot more time than the result will be worth
    5. Confirm for her that she and her opinion matter to somebody.

16. Fenders are low end crap? Interesting.

17. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    That is news to me as well :D

18. so, she wanted a reserve price of $1200 but forgot to set it, so she bid on it herself so it would be $1200 no matter what?
    just a question,but what do they usually go for?

i will say, i don't think her methods were that cruel, but her email was certainly uncalled for...