Uncharted Bass Territory

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassistJ, Aug 10, 2001.

1. BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    I've decided to take a bold step in my future as a bassist, and not only design a custom bass but take part in the actual construction. Working with a local repairman/luthier I've managed to get a few basics worked out. Basically, we're going to order a Carvin 6 string neck-thru neck, variouse hardware, and blocks of the woods we'll be using (Probably swamp ash and walnut or claro walnut). He's going to cut the body sides and do some basic routing, and I'm going to assemble the rest by hand. I know this is unusual, but I was hoping for some pointers from any other TBers who have been through this. You know, what else to plan, what pitfalls to avoid, etc... I thank ya'll in advance.
  2. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    The title is misleading (it did me) I suggest that you repost re making basses. In the meantime try contacting Andy Daventry he designed a bass and had it made so he might help you some of the way.
    There are some guys here that have built Warmoth basses but who they are and if they used routers I dont know.

Hope that helps if not BUMP!