Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Under Attack?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Roark Haver, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Were we (TB) under some sort of troll attack yesterday afternoon? I noticed a whole bunch of old threads being bumped up. If so, what happened?

2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
  3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    actually, the old threads are being brought up to fore by bruce - he's running out of new things to talk about and he's trying to maintain the 650 post per month average that he's averaged since jan 1.

4. haha wondered what was happening. :D :D :D

5. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    So, to answer your question:

Yes, it was a troll attack! ;)

6. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    Is bruce... ok? He turned into a pseudo flamer.:D

7. odie

odie Supporting Member

I think someone has a saggy messy diaper, and is alittle fussy and grumpy until he gets it changed.

Anyone volunteer to powder his bottom??!:eek:

8. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    hehehehe....

shouldn't we leave the powdering to jt? I would imagine that he is uniquely qualified for something like this...

P@

:D

9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i don't powder bottoms. :mad:

10. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    just the idea of JT saying this makes me LOL!

sorry JT...... :p

P@

11. No, but I'd like to kick his ass :D

12. odie

odie Supporting Member

I think I might have a new signature quote to use!!!!:D :bassist:

13. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well this is a nice bit of personal abuse - I would complain to a moderator - but it seems to be mostly them perpetrating the abuse - so can I ask if the guidelines don't apply if you're a moderator?

Thanks for all the "respect" guys - tell me why I should respect any of you now?

14. Do you dispute JT's claim then? From here it certainly looks like you resurrected old threads just to make posts.

15. Bruce Lindfield

Well I did exactly what people are always told to do ; "I did a search" !!!

So - Tubass posted another thread about where do people live - I said (I know from experience) that it had been done many times before and he said that he had done a search and hadn't found anything.

So as he was unbelieving, I did a quick search of my own and it dug up about 5 or 6 - the search also included quite a few other threads, so at first I just "bumped" each one that I found, that related to the question "where are you from" so he could see these.

But one or two of the others were quite amusing - like the one about the top 20 posters which said that these were also the best bass players - undoubtedly untrue in my case!! ;)

Besides - whether or not I had a valid reason for doing this (obviously I felt that I did) does that make the "personal abuse" any better? I was just asking the question, as this "rule" seems to have been suspended in this case ?

Do I get an apology - is the abuse retracted?

16. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    All wrong, Jerry.
    It's Not blllloody likely!

17. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I think there's a disclaimer in the forum rules saying that the no-abuse rule doesn't apply to you, Bruce :D

18. Bruce Lindfield

You'd think so - wouldn't you!!?? :confused: