Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Undercover Brother

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Antipop, Feb 8, 2003.

1. I didnt know whether to put this in bassists or off topic but RENT THIS MOVIE!

its not the greatest movie but Stanley Clarke does the music for it and it is a good listen. Does anyone know if they have a CD for the movie?

2. I'll look into it... Stanly Clarke ROCKS!!

:cool:

3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    Then again, Stanley Clarke did the score for The Ladies' Man...

(but ...Brother was good. Saaw-lid, even.)

4. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    'Undercover Brother' comes out at the cinema over here on Friday 14th. Is it any good?

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    If you like Austin Powers, this is for you.

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I liked that movie a lot. It's great as a parody of the 70's Blaxploitation films (Blackula, Blackenstien, et al), and the "funk" image in most of pop culture.

Now, of course, when we watched in debate class to pass a couple of down days, everyone laughed because, yes, black and white people are different. Sheesh, talk about missing the point. :rolleyes:

7. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    Yeah, people from PSL (the "Pizzle") are real morons.

:eek:

:D

8. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Just saw the movie. Very funny and awesome soundtrack. Stanley rules... HE RULES!!!

9. I rented the DVD today- very funny- I'd put it alongside Hollywood Shuffle.

the caucasian-experience-machine bit with the clip of Riverdance was great:D

one of the deleted scenes is intriguing- the taxi cab scene (black guy hails a cab in the street, back at the secret lair The Man spots this on hidden camera, instructs a hotdog vendor/henchman to fire a missile at the cab's front tyre, causing it to crash and explode).

the director explains how the scene was cut for being a bit too dark- despite it having seemed funny on paper.

I'll have to buy it.

10. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i thought this movie was funny

didn't know stanley did the tracks

11. ps. anyone else notice a striking resemblence between Undercover Brother and Rory Breaker in Lock, stock and two smoking barrels, in both appearance and character?

12. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Great movie. Great music.
    :)

13. I think it sucked...:oops: