Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Undercover Gig bag shoulder strap troubles?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Andrew Jones, May 9, 2003.

1. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Hi

My relitively new undercover gig bags staps have unatached them selves from the circlet thing 3 times twice the bass fell to the ground:mad:

Im going to tape them up with duct tape anyone else have this problem and what did you do?

AJ

2. I haven't had any problems with my bag, and I've been using it for...
    Uuuh...
    I don't remember how long, anymore.

3. maybe somehting is broken on the straps?

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Weird. I carry mine using only one strap with two Laklands inside, and never had a problem.

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    AJ I'm trying to remember, did you get a single or double?

The double has sewn-in padded backpack style straps, and is unlikely to ever have any trouble. If it is the single, which clip is giving you trouble?

6. are you talking about the plastic ring on the bag that the strap attaches to? this exact problem just happened to me last night when i was crossing the street. luckily the other strap held so my bass didn't fall to the ground.

when i got home i noticed that it was a clean break and i super glued it back together and then wrapped it in tape many times at it's stress point.

i picked it up and shook it pretty good to see how it was holding , and so far so good....

does anybody have any quick ideas of a way to get more padding on the back pack straps? the weight of my bass (which is pretty heavy) just kills my shoulders after a long walk! i'm thinking maybe just foam and velcro, but was hoping for a somewhat more elegant solution.

7. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Hi Gard

Its one (the right)out of the 2 the clip thats up at my shoulder. Some how (dont ask me how it doesnt look likely)When I pick up the bassby that strap and put it on my shoulder the clip pops (wich is very loud right next to my ear) and....:(

I havent taped it yet but that was going to be my solution. Any thoughts?

AJ

8. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Do you guys have the opening of the clip facing in towards the bass(as I do) or out towards youself?

AJ

9. mine are towards the bass as well...

10. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass

Thats how the single should be, a case of over enginering.

AJ