Undercover (Lakland Double) Gig Bag vs. SKB Hard Shell Case

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Poon, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey Guys:

I've been wondering what I should get.
    I already have two hard shell cases for my Peavey Cirri (That are perfectly) molded to their bodies and I have two gig bags (One Leather LEVY's GIG Bag) and one Ibanez bag with the detachable Backpack. The problem is that I have 5 basses. Right now my Fender P-Bass is sitting in the Ibanez Case in the Music Center(at school), and I have my Two Cirri in each of their respective cases. However the Blonde Lakland is in the LEVY's Case right now and the Sunburst has nothing. What do you guys think I should get for my next protective transportation device. I could get an SKB case for $69 at a local guitar center and I could put one of the Laklands in there and use the gig bags as my "steady" gig bag that I take my main bass to gigs/practice with.

The only issue is that I like taking two basses with me. I enjoy taking one Lakland and One Peavy with me. So I was thinking of getting the Lakland (Undercover) double gig bag. I've always liked gig bags (when I'm the one transporting the bass) and I want to know if an Undercover bag is really worth all those dead prez pictures. Its $200, but eventually I want to get a digitech BNX-3. So that wouldn't help me financially.

Any thoughts on what I should do? :(
  2. I would get the SKB case and then carry one bass in a gig bag and the other in the hard case to your gig/rehearsal.

Then you can purchase your BNZ-3 later.

3. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I have owned a Under Cover Double Gig Bag since
    1999 when I bought it at L.A. Bass Exchange. I
    have never had one problem with it. It holds
    the 2 Basses and plenty of extra gear. My general
    rule of transporting my Basses has been: If the
    gear is going in the Van/Truck, I always use
    the Hard Case. If I am bringing it with me in my
    Car I use the Gig Bag. The Undercover bag was
    definetly worth the money.But you should do
    some checking around on other Double Bags, I know
    Levy's make one,and I have there Acoustic Bass
    Guitar Gig Bag, it is well made, also I have seen
    a Fender double bag in the fender catalog, Frontline. I have never seen there Double bag, but I have 2 of there single bags that came with
    my mim's and there ok for storage, but I would never travel with them.All in all the Undercover was worth the money,cause it is one more piece of reliable gear you dont have to worry about.:smug: