1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

understanding controls

Discussion in 'Ask David Overthrow' started by CRAWFORDCOTTAGE, Feb 18, 2008.

1. CRAWFORDCOTTAGE

CRAWFORDCOTTAGE

Feb 17, 2008
    Hello
    I recently started to play a ibanez ergodnye edc700 bass
    I know the function of two of the control knobs but i would like some help with the other two I know the volume and the pickup blend however the two dual potentiometers im not sure on I think they are bass and treble and mid and freqency and if this is correct I need some help with understanding how to use and ajust them can you help me also does anyone know where i can get a wirwe diagram for thuis instrument Ibanez no longer makes this model it is a 1998 and there web page doesnt have a wire diagram I also would like a manuel I just dont know wherer to get one

2. ldervish

ldervish

May 22, 2005
    Johnson City, TN
    The short answer is: Bass/Treble and Mid/Mid Freq. The MidFreq should determine the frequency (or the center of the frequency range) that the Mid boosts or cuts, like the parametric EQ on many amps.

You need to dig a little more. Drop the "ergodyne" and search the rest and lots of reviews & etc. come up.

3. CRAWFORDCOTTAGE

CRAWFORDCOTTAGE

Feb 17, 2008
    thanks for your response tell me where you are sugesting I search for more information on this topic and I believe your sugesting I drop the word ergodyne out of thepost is this correct

4. I appreciate your question but as the title reads, I reserve this forum for questions pertaining to Theory and technique for the electric bass.

Dave