1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

UnderWaterBass lessons.

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by LittleKnowItAll, Apr 20, 2009.

1. LittleKnowItAll

LittleKnowItAll

Apr 27, 2007
    Following in with my bass lessons...

http://www.youtube.com/user/underwaterbass

I've moved forward a lot since I first posted this, I now have 32 videos up most of which are instructional and more focused on the how to side of things, It's still all very unprofessional as alas I am very poor and can't afford a decent camera. But that's not what's important to me, what is important is that I present and explain what I'm playing in a way that anyone can follow, with exception to the fact that a few of you might not be able to understand my accent.

But anyway, On the whole I'm quite pleased with what I've done and I just wanted to showcase it a little more and possibly get some more up to date feedback from you all.

Cheers,

2. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Do you have any lessons on 5/4 timing?

3. LittleKnowItAll

LittleKnowItAll

Apr 27, 2007
    Not currently,:(

4. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland
    Hope you dont mind me saying so LittleKnowItAll, but I think "lessons" is a bit of a misnomer. "Demonstration" would be nearer the mark. My idea of a "lesson" would be something on maybe technique, finger exercises, scales ect. :)

5. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.

6. Shovelbone

Shovelbone Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Yonderville Georgia
    I don't know what to say about that video..... I think I am having an anuersym!

7. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland
  8. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
  9. LittleKnowItAll

LittleKnowItAll

Apr 27, 2007

10. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland
    Sorry ! I was incorrect in my statement. The above are indeed lessons. It is just that the clips in your original post, showing "How to play..." are demos IMO.

11. LittleKnowItAll

LittleKnowItAll

Apr 27, 2007
    That's a fair point, You seem worried I'll be offended or just plesantly polite. Don't worry, I'll appreciate any comments I get for what they are. :)