1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

SOLD Underwood Acoustic Bass dual element Pickup (RCA jack) - $85

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by Pete Hand, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Pete Hand

Pete Hand Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2004
    Missoula Montana
    Price:
    $85
    (This is relisted; the rca patch cable shown is not included in this sale.)

Underwood 2-element transducer pickup. Mounts in the bridge wing slots.

If you are not familiar, there is only this one model, with two different jack versions: 1/4” jack or RCA jack (the lighter option). I recommend confirming your patch cable firmly connects, or you should change the RCA female connector to a more positive 1/4. There is no patch cable included in this sale.

Read more about it from real users, at this link:
    Underwood Pickup Club

Installation instructions are at this link; there is a link in the text for the pdf:
    https://www.underwoodpickups.com/special-note

Rockabilly, blues and bluegrass players reviews link here:
    Underwood | Double Bass Guide

Installation video link (the first is Melissa Underwood) here (these are youtube videos, so I am removing the prefix to avoid embedded videos):
    ...watch?v=PoHoQ1eQHJ8
    and here:
    ...watch?v=JodQcCRrP-I

Installation notes here:
    Underwood Bass Pickup - Double Bass Transducer-lemurmusic.com

This pickup has been tested and works. Please see the images. Take a good look and ensure it is correct for your application before buying. All sales final. Images are provided for reference and for actual product info.

Will ship it USPS low-and-slow, or your method at your cost, or you can come to the studio to hear it and pay and take it then.

00h0h_eChyeCqCa6I_1200x900.jpg

00u0u_fRHnaDXmUe9_1200x900.jpg

00W0W_iyjAozgLQEP_1200x900.jpg

01414_2Lo32AuxAs6_1200x900.jpg

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  2. john allemond

john allemond Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Pm

3. jmacdbass

jmacdbass jmacdbass.com, openmusiccollective.org

Could this be used with the string charger pickup?

4. Pete Hand

Pete Hand Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2004
    Missoula Montana
    It sure seems like it would work for you. I see the string charger accommodates a bridge pickup; other than, the images show you need a gender changer or to change the connector on the Underwood (which is easy to do). I looked at a web image of the string charger, here:
    Magnetic Upright Bass Pickup - The String Charger by Pierre Josephs

If that is what you have? Optionally, you should be able to plug the Underwood output and the String Charger output into a 2-channel pre-amp, such as here:

For Sale - Audio Buddy 2-channel Pre-Amp/DI mic/instrument w/power supply (lower price) $45

or a mixer:

For Sale - Mackie tabletop Mixer DL1608 (16-ch, 6 aux, 2 mains) Reduced $250

That would give you separate controls and options for tone and volume and mix. It would depend on your playing style and needs and what you expect to get from your instrument under which conditions.

One thing I see that is nice, depending on your gig or recording session, is that both of these pickups are easy to mount and remove, if you want various configurations. You don't have to remove the bridge for an Underwood.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  5. JGintheHam

JGintheHam Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Cumming, GA
    Mike Lull endorsing artist
    PM