Unexpect - In the Mind of the Last Whale: Highest shriek ever?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by IconBasser, Dec 16, 2012.

1. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    Hey guys, I've been spinning Unexpect a ton recently, and I noticed around the 2 minute mark of In the Mind of the Last Whale what seems to be an impossibly high shriek from the vocalist. I have no idea if that's actually her voice, but if it is, holy crap that's high! Has anybody here ever heard people doing this with their voice?

2. Rockin Mike

Rockin Mike

May 27, 2011
    Sounds like a human chick trying to emulate a whale squeak.

Thanks for the link, they are a cool band.

3. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    that's what I think it is too, I just find it incredible that somebody could actually do that with their throat. And yes, this band is freakishly talented. Check out the song Unresolved Ideas of a Distorted Guest.

4. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Inactive

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Haha. I'd forgotten I'd seen these, supporting Opeth and Mastodon a few years back. Yeah, decent band. Different, in a good way :)

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021