Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Unibass for $175

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ole Jason, Jul 24, 2005.

1. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
  2. 6 days and 20 hours to go...i'm 99% certain it will rise a lot higher in the next 6 days

3. ole Jason

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    The buy-it-now is $175

4. whooops!!! you are correct!! i didn't see that!
    yes..that is a very good price!

5. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    Some month ago, Thomann (www.thomann.de) were outleting them at 69€. :)

Hm, Akai effects madness... :D

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Hey, you can still pick them up in the UK for £45 second hand, or £70 brand new. For all you US members thats about $100 and $150 :)

7. ole Jason

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    That's not bad, I'd like to have one but I imagine it would cost as much to ship one from the UK as it would to just pony up for one over here. Any particular reason why they're more common on your side of the ocean?

8. anyone have a link to where i can buy these on the internet?

9. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Shipping a pedal, trans continent generally costs about $25US

No idea, that's just the way it seems to be :)

10. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    i believe thats because akai targeted the UK market more when they released their effects pedals. not sure if thats because of the number of bands experimenting with synthy/electronic sounds into rock settings in england at the time?

11. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    That's a good call Xan. Look at Kasabian / Muse / yourcodenameis:milo lots of synth.

12. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    also prodigy and radiohead to some extent..

its just an idea tho, but it seems like all the akai gear coming off ebay is from the uk.

13. what do they usually go for in the US now?
    I purchased mine from musicians friend for 100 bucks a few years ago and never thought that it was worth much. I don't want to sell it since I use it so extensively in my bass/drum duo but I would be interested to know what they go for now.

14. ole Jason

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    Usually around 170-200. Not nearly as much as the deep impact but still quite a bit considering how few people could really use one. I might have to keep an eye on UK auctions, I'd prolly go $125 for a used one in good shape.