Unibass question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassWombat, Jun 20, 2005.

1. I’ve been having a bunch of fun with the Unibass I recently scored, but there’s one thing I’m unsure about.

Several of you have said it is much better running the effected sound through a separate drive pedal (and maybe even some kind of amp modeller) to a guitar amp. I don’t really want to get into extra rig territory, so I was wondering if I can run the effected line out as described above, then link it and the regular bass line together before they enter my bass amp. It seems like all it needs is a simple 2-into-1 ABY switching box… yes?
  2. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    should work (though i have no experience with this pedal). however you would need an A/B that could put out both lines simultaneously i think. (ie - not select between A and B but combine)
  3. Flea666

Apr 21, 2005
    Lichfield, UK
    No Offence to any one who loves there unibass, but i think its the most anoying pedal ever.
  4. N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    Sounds like a good idea to me - I hadn't though of just remixing the signal into a bass amp (I'm a mixer - headphones/powered monitor person)
  5. I'm not sure if the extra signal routing is necessary, the UniBass is already set up to mix the wet/dry signals in the output stage. The seperate octave routing is just there if you want the added flexibility.
  6. Thanks bassbrad - yeah, I know I don't "have" to go the extra signal path, and I've been using the internal mix thing so far. I guess it's more about seeing what kind of tweaks I can make to the effected signal to make it a bit warmer and tone down the "hair metal-ness" of it (although that sound is kind of fun at times!).
  7. baggpuss

May 28, 2003
    Hull, UK
    I run the un-effected signal into a morley a+b. The octave up signal goes into a Boss FZ3 fuzz, then into the other input of the morly a+b. then the one output from the a+b goes back into bass amp. you can adjust the levels on the pedals.....