1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Unicorn Steve Harris signature bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by larsg, May 4, 2006.

1. larsg

larsg

Dec 18, 2005
  2. good bassist.. but weird bass if you ask me

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yeah, I can't imagine any metalhead kids buying the unicorn bass to look cool like their idol.

4. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    $2695.00?!?!?!

Ummmmm... No thanks!!

:eyebrow:

5. Man that is a neat bass, IMHO without the graphics!
    I forgot that hella silly stuff like unicorns used to be metal. But then glue sniffing used to be metal too. :bag:

6. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    I really like the smooth design of the headstock.

And it must sound like a mix between an Explorer and a P-Bass! Nice.

7. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Lado makes excellent gutiars and basses, but that's definately not one I'd spring for.

8. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    when did unicorns become cool again....or ever.....oh it didnt>? thats what i thought

9. I actually had a chance to buy Steve's own Unicorn bass back in the '80s when Lado was building me a couple of basses... And I didn't do it!!!!! I'm kicking myself now because the next guy that came in after me bought it (and then bought the next couple Steve turned back in too).

Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!! Man, the things you do (or don't do) that come back to haunt you...

10. dose anybody know were i can get one

11. fenderscottster

fenderscottster

Jul 3, 2007
    Nice! :)

12. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Not sure Steve's had the unicorn though - anyone remember?

13. casualmadness

casualmadness

Dec 15, 2005
    VA
    I don't ever remember Steve playing such a tragic thing as that. But maybe he did.

14. I can absolutely guarantee you that Steve played more than one of them... I saw him play one at a show in Toronto - probably because that was where Lado was based.

And in Joe's store (Lado) there were all kinds of pictures of Steve playing them.

15. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Back in 1986/87, I think during the Somewhere in Time, they all started endorsing Lado, and there were several magazine's picturing them all showing off their new Lado's - Hit Parader, Guitar FTPM, Creem, etc. I think they also used them on the next album's tour as well, but then I stopped paying attention to them for a few years.

16. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    not so sure about that headstock but the body just looks like a rounded Thunderbird to me

17. Ayliffe

Ayliffe

May 8, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    yea it definitely did.

18. casualmadness

casualmadness

Dec 15, 2005
    VA
    I only saw them one time and that was on the powerslave tour. After that I really kinda stopped digging them; the new them anyway. I guess that's why I never saw Steve playing such a thing.

19. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Picture for all those who can't remember that long ago!!

[​IMG]