1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Unicron! Answer Me! I now possess that which you most fear!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brendan, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Er...I got a Pedulla, too. Just one, though.

Pedulla002.jpg

You might have seen it here on TB. A little rough around the edges, and had a pickup routing go horribly, well, correct, I guess, since it was routed for a P pickup. Called the very nice folks at Pedulla, who returned my call rather quickly, and while they couldn't be of any help, they could not have been any nicer or more professional.

So, I had our very own Peter Parker (aka Scott at Don's Music) whip me up a pickgaurd. After talking for about 15 minutes about shapes, colors, we settled on the look you see now. Spidey even gave me the template, incase I ever wanted to make another one. We were going to go with a sort of Rapture look, but the knob placement would have given it a weird hooked tail, or a really fat tail. So, we went for the half. The top and bottom are both very close to the Rapture p/gs, which lends it a sort of "supposed to" look. Just took it straight back over the route, and it came out fine. I've a mind to get a tort guard made for it, as well.

Pedulla003.jpg

Looks sharp, eh? I guess I can say I have a one of a kind Pedulla now, in a very nebulous sense of the phrase.

Plays badass. Gard and Spidey both played it, and agreed it's a heckuva bass. I do, too. My first 6, but I'm comfortable as hell on them (4-7 strings all register pretty much the same for me).

It's worn through, a few paint chips missing, some goodly belt rash, but, as you can see, two feet away, it's gold.

Feel the Pedulla love. Funny. I alway figured I'd get a Pedulla; I just always figured it was going to be a Buzz.

2. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    That bass is awesome. Love the pickguard - although tort would be nice.

Brendan, congratulations on the best thread title ever. Should I call you Megatron, or is that the name of your bass?

3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That would have been Galvatron that utter the line in question.

I don't name my basses. This one here is "The Pedulla," "My Pedulla." Possibly, "The black one...no, no, the BIG black one" since I have a couple of black guitars, as well.

4. steve4765630

steve4765630

Feb 27, 2006
    Dude! I need to pop in my Transformers The Movie DVD. I haven't seen that for a few years. Great show! Cool bass too.

5. Wait, I thought that when he said that, he had already been "transformed" (so to speak) from Galvatron to Megatron.
    Either way, going from Optimus Prime to Rodimus Prime was a huge downgrade....that's basically when Transformers jumped the shark.

6. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    I forgot about the name changed with his rebirth. Thanks for the correction.

7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Other way around, man. Megatron got turned into Galvatron.

And dude, did you actually watch the series? The movie was freaking Citizen Kane compared to the series. The series started out bad. It's hard to jump a bad shark, dude.

Not to mention, it's all aimed at selling crap to kids. Of course, that doesn't stop Transformers the Movie from being one of my favorite movies of all time.

8. optimus prime says that this is a nice bass

9. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    I agree completely. Get some DVDs of the series. I tried to watch some and I could barely make it through 1. THe movie was awesome, Rodimus Prime aside.

10. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Vanity bump.

11. thats a nice bass, how much you pay for it?

12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Nunya.

13. Still a wonderful bass.

14. tripb19

tripb19 Camel - Camel

Jun 18, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    Orson Welles' best in reference to his last.

Best thread title ever. Cool bass too.

15. OXploiter

OXploiter

Aug 1, 2006
    Don't get the RHINO box sets just yet - those are chalk full or animation and dubbing errors. Sony acquired the rights to the G1 episodes - so look for them to release much, *much* better quality DVD sets in the future! :)

And yes, I'm a huge Transformers fan =)

16. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Are you saying that the Matrix is a Pedulla? Never saw that coming!

17. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Nice bass. Better subject line.

18. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Shot myself in the foot on that front. The thread will never live up to the title.