1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Union More pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Calebmundy, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Calebmundy

Calebmundy

Apr 5, 2007
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: DNA Amplifiers
    Anyone ever played through one? I did a session last week, and the producer ran me through it on every track. Sounded really great. A one-knob gain/overdrive deal.

I found what I think it the manufacturer's site: http://www.unionguitars.com/fr_fxpedals.cfm

But no info there, here, or anywhere else I looked (ebay etc) on the "More" pedal.

2. vertical_desert

vertical_desert

Sep 22, 2012
    The more pedal is made by a Vancouver (BC) musician named Chris Young. There is currently no website but the pedals are available at some Long & McQuades (only in CA) for $299. It's a simple but awesome sounding pedal! I hear his other ones sound great as well... Hope you have some luck finding one in Nashville! :)

http://www.straight.com/article-339953/vancouver/young-builds-buzz

3. Calebmundy

Calebmundy

Apr 5, 2007
    Nashville
  4. father of fires

father of fires Commercial User

Nov 29, 2006
    BALTIMORE CITY
    Chief of Medicine at Damnation Audio
    Do you have any sound samples from the session?

5. Calebmundy

Calebmundy

Apr 5, 2007
    Nashville
    Not yet, but the album will be released soon, I think. Might be a little hard to get the sound of the pedal from the record, since I think the engineer used it to overdrive a compressor in the control room, but I will certainly link you to it here when I can.

6. Calebmundy

Calebmundy

Apr 5, 2007
    Nashville
  7. father of fires

father of fires Commercial User

Nov 29, 2006
    BALTIMORE CITY
    Chief of Medicine at Damnation Audio
    It sounds great. I wasn't expecting that bass tone from the way the song started but it totally fits.

8. MD-BassPlayer

MD-BassPlayer Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    That's a great song! Not sure exactly why, maybe it's the female vocals and the overall grittiness, but I get memories of the guitar showdown scene in "Crossroads" listening to this.

Listening to it a third time. I really like.

9. Lowjames

Lowjames

Dec 2, 2012
    The Guitar Store in Seattle just posted they were starting to carry the Union pedals. A builder out of Vancouver, BC. It looks like the only other place to get them would be at Long and Mcquads.

10. Calebmundy

Calebmundy

Apr 5, 2007
    Nashville