1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Unique Collection: Veillette, Spector, Kinal, MPG, Thumb

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Lraphel, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Lraphel

Lraphel

Jul 9, 2015
    Price:
    Strings:
    Looking to trade for one Carl Thompson (first choice) or one Fodera. Six-string preferred.

Would trade part of collection, whole collection, whole collection plus cash from me for the right bass. Would sell individually. See prices below.

1. Veillette Centaur - 5-string, 2007 - made in Woodstock, signed by maker, from Veillette website see exact bass: www.veilletteguitars.com/custom_basses.shtml (example #7, rare special edition) - with original Veillette gigbag PRICE: $1500
    2. Spector NS2J- 2008 - 4-string, made in Woodstock, signed by maker, beautiful spalted top - with original, mint Spector hard shell case. PRICE: $1500
    3. Matt Pulcinella (MPG) Level 6 - 6-string - flame bubinga - to see exact bass on MPG website: go to "Sold Basses" near bottom of page1(Lev6FlameBubinga),
    PRICE: $1100

All basses are in very good+ to excellent condition, both playing wise and cosmetically. They have all been kept in a smoke-free house for the last 5 or 6 years and rarely taken out. Never gigged. Pulcinellla, Veillette, and Kinal are well-respected luthiers whose basses are somewhat difficult to find and they all play beautifully. The Spector and Thumb are in mint condition.

My son is an amateur bass player and he lives in a small apartment and my wife and I are downsizing. Otherwise we would be keeping the collection, which took a number of years to acquire.

Basses can be locally picked up and tried out in Queens, New York. Shipping to CONUS = $85.00 each bass

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    bassbooty likes this.
  2. Bryan Abel

Bryan Abel Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hey man, the Warwick thumb is actually Ovangkol. It's a Bolt on thumb correct? Those are ovangkol, except for a handful of recent models which used bubinga but its typically a much darker reddish wood. That being said, awesome collection!

bassbooty likes this.
  3. Lraphel

Lraphel

Jul 9, 2015
    Thank you for the info and compliment. Yes it is a bolt on. I'll make the change.

Bryan Abel likes this.
  4. DaymonJ11

DaymonJ11 Commercial User

Feb 24, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Interested in that Pulcinella 6. I’m trying to move a bass. Check out my classified. Let me know.

5. Lraphel

Lraphel

Jul 9, 2015
    Saw your Alpher Mako Elite. A very cool-looking bass. Because of space issues, not looking for a trade involving one or two of my basses. Really want to trade the whole group together but would sell the Pulcinella for $1200 plus shipping. Thanks for your interest.

6. DemBoneZ

DemBoneZ

Apr 17, 2013
    price on the spector maybe?

7. Lraphel

Lraphel

Jul 9, 2015
    I'm not really looking to sell the basses individually but would rather trade the collection as a whole for a single bass. I suppose I would sell the Spector for $1800 plus shipping.

(Can't get much farther from New York than Sidney)

DemBoneZ likes this.
  8. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    Do you have a picture of the back of the Spector bass? What kind of wood and bolt on or neck thru?

9. Lraphel

Lraphel

Jul 9, 2015
    It is a bolt-on.
    The wood: I believe the body to be walnut. But not sure. Picture should help. The top is spalted maple.
    Pictures of the back attached.

Attached Files:

10. Joshbazz

Joshbazz Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Any interest in trading the Spector and Kinal for a German Thumb 5 NT? I'll send a PM...

11. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    PM

12. hihat

hihat

Dec 30, 2011
    What's the neck size for the Spector (measured at the nut)? 1.5 or 1.64? Thanks.

13. Lraphel

Lraphel

Jul 9, 2015
    Measured at the nut, it is 1.64.