unique pre with unique problem

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by themajorrager, Sep 24, 2005.

1. the preamp is 18v with a bass OR treble boost (only works in active mode), tone control (active AND passive), and has three two way switches - one is definately an active/passive selector, the other two i THINK are series/parallel switches.
    there is also a three way pickup selector for the two sets of precision pickups. (see photo)
    firstly if the switches are series parallel switches what exactly should the difference in sound be?
    second why is it that the switch for the neck pickup still affects the tone of the bass when i select only the bridge pickup(with the pickup selector)? when i select the neck pup, the switch for the bridge pup does nothing to the sound! :eyebrow:
    also is it strange that the output using the active pre(with boosts set flat) ISNT as loud as the passive output? :eyebrow:
    please help as i would like to know if this puppy is wired wrongly! :help:
  2. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    It would really help if we knew the brand/model of this bass!
  3. no i dont think it will - cause nobody else here has one! but for the record it is a VANTAGE bass guitar circa 1980.
    just after any info you can provide.