1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Unique Sadowsky NYC Custom P-Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BuffaloBob4343, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Price:
    $2750
    Strings:
    19 year old kid enters intersection against red light driving his mother's car, creams bassist making "protected" left turn on green arrow. Bassist's car is a total loss and bassist must replace his vehicle. Result? His beloved Brownie is unceremoniously placed up for sale.

This Sadowsky is my favorite parallel fret bass of all time, and is certainly as nice as my Dingwall Super P (See pic below). BUT, I have to sell one of them to help defer auto replacement costs. It pains me very much to do so.

There is not a scratch, a ding, a scuff or a dimple on this bass, save the one very small scratch near the input jack it received while still at the shop. You really have to look hard to see it, it's so light and thin. Alder body. The Madagascar rosewood is stunning in person. The neck is 1.5" at the nut and the neck has a light gloss finish. Has the VTC push/pull active (Sadowsky Preamp) / passive and traditional tone and volume controls.

The pup is a Sadowsky soapbar in the bridge, so it sounds like a P should but with no noise. Comes with Sadowsky soft case and strap plus strap locks. The action is low and fast and has very little fret wear. It's currently wearing Circle K balanced strings. This thing kills and whoever grabs this bass will be VERY happy they did! Ranges in tone from Sadowsky aggressive P to thumpy old school.

The price is $2750 shipped CONUSA and Paypal is good, but money order works as well.

I really need the cash, so trades are highly unlikely at best.

Here is the deets from Sadowsky:

#4469 | Custom P-Bass
    FINISH | '59 Burst
    BODY | Alder
    FINGERBOARD | Madagascar Rosewood, 20 Frets,
    12" Radius, 1.5" Nut Width
    PICKGUARD | Mint
    HARDWARE | Chrome
    PICKUPS | Sadowsky Soapbar
    WEIGHT | 8.55 lbs. (3.88 kg)

Here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NewPics4-21-07089.
    NewPics4-21-07088.

NewPics4-21-07087.

NewPics4-21-07080.

NewPics4-21-07098.
    NewPics4-21-07102.

NewPics4-21-07103.

NewPics4-21-07100.

In case anyone is thinking, "Why is he selling such a gorgeous instrument?" Well it was either Brownie or this one, the order for which I had placed just before acquiring Brownie back:
    SP4 Ash Trans White Tort Wenge wenge BK hardware e.

They are both equally gorgeous, and awesome playing and sounding, but the Dingwall is my first fully spec'd new bass and I could not live without its wenge neck. At this point, I cannot economically justify having both.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  2. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    Damn, knew I shouldn't have looked at this. First, so bummed about your accident. Second, anyone need a kidney?

3. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Thanks for the sympathy. It does suck.

4. BuffaloBob4343

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    On Hold pending payment.

How funny! I was shopping for my replacement vehicle, and found a dealership owned by another TBer and to top it off, he loves Sadowskys!! Long story short, I am trading in my Sadowsky P on a 2008 Explorer. We're still trying to determine the VIN and actual mileage on the Sadowsky though!!:woot:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.