SOLD Unique Short Scale Defretted

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BobWestbrook, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    This is my treasured Hamer Slammer short scale which I defretted myself. It's my sentimental favorite, and I'm only selling to finance some studio stuff.

Of the several basses which I have defretted, this one is the greatest sonic and aesthetic success. It's a joy to play, and the smooth feel of the board is matched by the smooth sound.

The pickups are very hot, with excellent tonal diversity to mix.

There are a couple places where I was sloppy with the Polycrylic during the rework, at the bottom of the neck on the left which you can see on picture 3, and also on the back at the base of the neck.

The bass has Dunlop straplocks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The defret was a painstaking process, with at least 10 coats of Polycrylic applied after the fret cracks were filled and lines were painted.

To price this, I'm going to take an unusual approach, I'm going to price it based on its perceived worth (my subjective determination), not original price. It's $295 (firm) shipped with HSC, but I guarantee you will NOT be disappointed. Here's the guarantee: if you buy it, and in good faith when you get it you determine it's not worth what I asked, I'll rebate up to $120, at your discretion.

But I'm confident you won't do that, because honestly I think it is now worth twice what I'm asking. The unique feel and sound are THAT good!

If you don't agree with my pricing approach, I respect that, but please refrain from dumping on my sales thread.

2. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    Make me a trade offer - 34" scale fretted fiver with non-fat neck profile

3. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.

Mar 13, 2006
    Philly suburb
    bump

4. BobWestbrook

BobWestbrook Mr.