SOLD Unique Sterling by Musicman (SbMM) Ray34 with Delano Pickup (roasted neck ceruse finish body)!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Quadzilla, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    On hold for a local TBer (will update thus thread as to whether it sold to him or not).

NO TRADES PLEASE

Here is one that you won't see often. This is one amazing SbMM that has a unique combination of things:

1: Hands-down, best looking grain I've seen on one of these. Just stunning!

2: Neck is THE VERY BEST that I've played on a SbMM. As a matter of fact, I'd rate it in the top 3 necks I've played on ANY Stingray, including U.S. models. I've owned MANY of both (U.S. and SbMM). This particular neck is SUPER straight, has dead level frets and extremely low action. The profile is very comfortable and the taper seems more gradual than most (not too fat at the body). Super tight neck pocket too!

3: I bought a brand new Delano MM pup. Had to special this from Germany because of the white cover. The tone is just magic. Far better than the stock tone and surprisingly, the stock preamp paired extremely well with it. I really thought that I was going to replace that as well, but as soon as I heard it, I was like, NO WAY, the tone is the best Ray tone I've heard.

4: I put some high-end knobs on her that go very well with the finish scheme and just feel wonderful.

Couple if other notes, I bought some pearloid side marker dots and applied them on the side of the neck. The factory side markers on this neck are black and don't stand out from the dark roast in low lighting situations (a gig). I also put a small dab of nail polish clear coat over each side marker as the adhesive on the back of then didn't seem like they would last long. This is completely reversible (with a few minutes w a rag and nail polish remover).

If I didn't have a Limited Edition (1 of 5 made) U.S. Stingray Special, I wouldn't be selling this. Oh, she's a bit over 10 lbs, so she's not for the faint of heart (or weak back).

Factory Specs:
    Model: RAY34
    Body Wood: Swamp Ash
    Body Color: Black (BK)
    Bridge: Sterling by Music Man Designed Bridge
    Pickguard: Transparent
    Scale Length: 34" (86.4 cm)
    Neck Radius: 9.5" (24 cm)
    Frets: 21 Frets, Medium
    Neck Width: 1.69" (43 mm) at nut
    Neck Wood: Roasted Maple
    Fingerboard: Roasted Maple
    Fret Markers: Black Dot Markers
    Tuning Machines: Open Gear
    Truss Rod: Single Action
    Neck Attachment: 6 Bolts
    Controls: 3-band Active Preamp
    Pickups: UPGRADED TO CUSTOM ORDERED DELANO
    Strings: D'ADDARIO 100's

CONUS SHIPPING ONLY

20210908_121331.jpg 20210908_121340.jpg 20210729_190027.jpg 20210729_190015.jpg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    mikvit, Riff Ranger, aldaa and 2 others like this.
  2. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    WOW!!! :woot:

Bummer I only player fivers. That is one unique looking bass.

lowdownthump and Quadzilla like this.
  3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I owned this one for a bit! You typically won't find a finish like that except on more expensive basses (Fbass comes to mind)

jd56hawk and Quadzilla like this.
  4. raal

raal Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Minneapolis / St Paul
    Good value right there

Quadzilla likes this.
  5. Thundar

Thundar Supporting Member

Thats killer, Quad!

Quadzilla likes this.
  6. jd56hawk

jd56hawk Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    If it doesn't sell according to plans and you change your mind about trades...
    FB-IMG-1620428985076.jpg

dave64o and Quadzilla like this.
  7. jd56hawk

jd56hawk Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Gone?

8. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Correct. Sorry

jd56hawk likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2022