Unity among fellow bass players.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Bo Bradley, Aug 17, 2001.

1. Hello fellow bass players,
    I just wanted to take the time to apologize to those of you who i may have offended with a few of my threads.We all are passonate about our musical tastes ,and truley there is no one better player or type of music out there.To compare musicians is like comparing peoples personalities.Of course we are different,and thats a beautiful thing.Music being the most important of all languages,its natural that we all speak it in our own unique way.Some may have a bigger vocabulary from which to draw,yet that makes it no more valid then those with a little less time speaking the language.Its all about expression.
    peace and blessings to you all.
  2. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    What what I have observed here and in other places, bassists are the most united group of musicians around despite the differences in ages, styles, techniques and experience.

Hi Bo! Your speech brought a tear to my eye... ;)
  3. Thats definately true.
    Whenever somebody has a question, no matter how dumb sounding, theres someone that will happy to answer. People arent afraid to be beginners. Has anybody seen a guitar forum? Every post is childish or abusive.
    This forum is probably the most united group of musicians on the net.
    Of course there is the occasional, uh.. 'difference of opinion' but thats to be expected, musicians are noted to be passionate about what they believe, so its only natural that things occasionally get a little heated, but no one should take it personally. Its just musicians being musicians. I know I've been involved in lots of those heated discussions. Im always on the extreme of whatever side there is, but its not to annoy anyone, i just like expressing myself. It would be pretty boring if we all agreed on everything!
  4. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i guess i've been a little bit of a JWC lately, so i'll also take the time to apoligize. sorry everybody.
  5. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    You mean there was a punch-up and I missed it?

Seriously this is one of the better boards (probably the best).
  6. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Amen to CS. I love you guys.

**HUGS** to everyone in the room
  7. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    seriously though, you guys are really cool. Pretty much all of my questions have been answered (except one which im still steaming about) and they have been answered with pretty good accuracy. However the one about how to spike up my hair, i think you guys were out to get me. Woodglue??? :D
  8. I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside, could be cause' I'm drinking coffee and it's a really cold night:D
    Nah, seriously, cool thread man. It's like bass confession, and I will take this time to say sorry if I've offended anyone at all after hearing an opinion and getting too hot headed if I didn't agree.

Can't you feel the love?:D
  9. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Believe it or not, I've had numerous guitarist tell me that they wished that their collegues were as close as we bassists.
  10. yes! man guitarist are egomaniacs or really mean i only know few of them who are like bassist but in bassland theirs bass brothers! i have 2.
  11. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    This place is like a garden of tranquility.
  12. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Ohh guys you´r going to make me cry!!!!

Paz y Amor para todos!!!!!
  13. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    igualmente amigo :)

14. I really do like this post. I think it's true that this forum,unlike the guitar.com forum, is a much more mature, cool, forum. There are dissagreements here and there, but hey if were not passionate about our music and tastes, then were not doing this for the right reasons.
  15. i want to apoligize for all the stupid stuff that i have said, or will say. this is a comunity, and i love it.