1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Universal Laminated Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by cmcleanleitch, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Price:
    $1500
    Strings:
    I bought this bass at World of Strings about 10 years ago. It was initially set up by Jon Peterson, (as a high school student I had the joy of watching him plane the fingerboard for me after I bought it,) and was worked on afterwards by Ralph Alcala and at Lemur Music once or twice.

It is a good plywood bass that has a great old school Jazz sound. It currently has Spirocores on it that have a lot of life left, an ebony fingerboard, solid wood tailpiece and a good bridge with adjusters in it. It has some minor wear and tear from my years playing it in college but no cracks or any major damage. I played this bass for many years on different gigs and in different clubs, often 3-4 nights a week and I was always complimented on the sound. It has been thoroughly dialed in over that time and has had quite a bit of money put into upgrading pieces to get a better sound.

I am asking $1500 for it but I am happy to take offers on it as well. I am moving to Seattle on April 1st and only have room for my professional instrument in my new apartment. It currently has a Realist installed on it that I will include with it for $75. It comes with a basic bag/cover.

If you have any questions please let me know!

image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG image4.JPG image5.JPG image6.JPG image7.JPG image8.JPG

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021