1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Univibe/Microvibe?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by loendmaestro, Jul 31, 2005.

1. loendmaestro

loendmaestro

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    Does anybody have any experience with either the Dunlop Univibe, or Voodoo Labs Microvibe on bass?

I was looking to pick one up for my guitar player, but since I'm an effects junkie & all, I was like "Hmmmmm..."

Anybody ever use one on bass or is it just too much?

Please advise.

2. Never tried the Dunlop or Voodoo versions but I am very happy with my Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe.
    When asking about using one with bass Mike mentioned that Nathan East uses his a lot.
    I use mine with a Rickenbacker C64S and Pyramid flats and it is a great alternative to the Red Witch Moonphaser Deluxe.
    Great tone when run before the Fulltone Bass Drive as well.

3. loendmaestro

loendmaestro

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    The fact that I have 3 Ricks & a Fulltone Bassdrive makes that sound very intriguing. I'm just not sure if I want to drop that much coin for it which is why I was looking at the cheaper ones. I guess I need to find some Nathan East tracks where he's using one...
    Thanks!

4. Lateralus_

Lateralus_

Feb 26, 2005
    I own a P.E. Vibe - Unit. It sounds great. I run it through my amp's effects loop. With distortion it's awesome. I loose some volume when its switched on but run a e.q. after to boost the level