1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Univox 4001 "lawsuit guitar"

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Erik Mueller, Jan 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Erik Mueller

Erik Mueller

Jan 3, 2017
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the price of this guitar? I have the case and the thing is in great shape. Any other info about it would be nice as well.

Attached Files:

2. gary m

gary m

Jan 17, 2011
    Mid -Atlantic
    I owned one of these back in the late 90s. Very well made, neck through with a single truss rod. Mine had what I believe was the original HSC (mustard colored Tolex exterior with Univox logo, bright yellow plush interior). At that time, I paid about $280, although I imagine they're worth quite a bit more than that now depending on condition. I removed the capacitor from the bridge pickup on mine which improved the sound and bumped the output up a bit.

3. Erik Mueller

Erik Mueller

Jan 3, 2017
    Hey Gary thanks for the reply, this was bought in 75. My girlfriends grandma just handed it to me for christmas. Barely used still has the receipt in the case. Stereo jack isn't working as well as the neck pick up. The standard jack works and as well as the bridge pick up. It sounded very nice coming from my fender rumble 200 amp. But yeah its getting worked on at the moment at a local guitar shop. But thanks for the input, once I recieve it I will definitely give that a try with removing the capacitor from the bridge pick-up for some more oomph.