Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

univox bass on shopgoodwill.com

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by notabob, Dec 16, 2003.

1. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    i foubd a steal...i think. anyone know anything about univox basses? the neck bolt plate says it was made in japan and u know it has to be worth something if its old enough to be a univox. is this a good deal? is there anything special about this bass?

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=745946

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Don't know about this bass, but I had a Univox guitar I sold in '76 that I've regretted parting with...For that price I'd buy it.

3. DW

DW

Jun 22, 2000
    That's a Univox Hi-Flyer, a copy of a Mosrite. It's 30" scale. They come up pretty regularly on eBay, I've seen 'em go for anywhere from $200-$400 depending on condition. There are 2 on eBay right now, one for $235 BIN. Cheesy bridge but decent sounding bass if you can get it cheap.

4. tim4003

tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    I've got a white one. Well, it used to be white. The only bad thing about it, neck dive.
    I'd buy it at that price.

[​IMG]

5. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I used to have a Univox guitar that was the mate to that cream colored bass.

Total trash. I got it for free and got ripped off at that price.

Don't expect it to be anything but a curiosity. I'd be shocked if you could get any kind of usable tone out of it.

But it's compelling anyway for some strange reason. :)