1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Univox Lectra - Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by megiddo, Dec 26, 2011.

1. megiddo

megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    40 years after foolishly trading off my jet black Univox Lectra I have another! This time in a burst finish. It needs a little work but it's still in excellent condition. Does anyone know where I could look up the manufacture date? Univox.org isn't much help.

Attached Files:

2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I don't know that there's any better info than on the Univox.org site. The Matsumoku factory that built Univox also built many other "names" which were essentially the same instruments with different brand labels on them.

The closest you may get is a span of years defined by the headstock shape and whether it has a sticker or a plastic plate with the brand name on it. The plastic plate models are earlier in date.

Yours has the deluxe tailpiece with the rosewood insert, which is nice. There's not a lot of other detail I can pick up from the photo.

3. megiddo

megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    Maybe these photos can shed some light.

Attached Files: