1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Univox SuperFuzz

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by markjazzbassist, Mar 15, 2008.

1. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I'm looking to pick one of these up and just wondered if anyone had any experience with them if they'd share their thoughts about it.

2. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    I used to have one. It's a pretty good fuzz pedal if you're looking for something very snarly and obnoxious.

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I'd also like one. There's a bassist on The Gear Page who goes by the handle of "Medication" who uses a Super Fuzz.

4. markjazzbassist

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    either of you guys know how well it handles the low frequencies?

i've heard that it's pretty good on bass, but i haven't heard it yet to confirm that notion.

5. Listen to some old Soft Machine records to hear it in use on bass. Or the song "Gratitude" by the Beastie Boys. It's my favorite bass fuzz sound. The only current production pedal that cops that tone is the Guyatone "The Fuzz". And they handle the low end very well.

6. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Don't forget that Brad from Fu Manchu is manufacturing a clone of this called the Creepy Fingers Rising Fuzz.

7. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    +1. The Guyatone pedal sounds good and is pretty cheap. I have one.

No complaints whatsoever about low end.

8. markjazzbassist

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    i just got one off ebay. i'll have it in a week or so and post some thoughts.

i'm super pumped:)