1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Univox u-1245

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RutherfordBrave, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Any opinions on old Univox amps? One of these is available to me locally, and I'm not sure what to offer for it. Not even sure if it's worth looking at, but I'm a sucker for all things tube. Any idea what these things are based on? Should I be expecting something clean or gritty if I do go to take a look/listen?

[​IMG]

2. jastacey

jastacey Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    There not a bad tube amp, they were sold by the same company that distrubtied the Marshall Amps, in the US, in the late 1960's-1970's, I believe that amp is a 60 watt amp

3. I'm actually being told it's a u-1246, which I can't find any info on...making the assumption that he has the model # wrong. The guy says it's a 200W amp, but doesn't know anything about what he has... I asked him if he knew what tubes were in it but he couldn't tell me as it wasn't in front of him. Maybe that's what's listed on the back of the cab? He also states it was made in '65, but I believe it's a '70's vintage if I'm reading Univox history right.

4. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    Early 70's.

Model is U1246...

Roughly 50w.

Here is one.
    Univox 60 watt U-1246 amp - YouTube

The 200w part is totally exaggerated... but is probably the total current draw.