1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Unknown Ashdown Power Magnifier

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by northwalianbass, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Hi folks

I've just picked up a Ashdown Power Magnifier for a very resonable price but can't seem to find any information about it.

It looks exactly like the ABM APM 1000 EVO II Power Amplifier except it is a 600 instead of 1000.

ABMAPM1000-e2707dd2fb2286b736584373f5bd060b.

I'm looking at getting a Schroeder 1212 Light cab in the next week or two and getting a Thunderfunk 750 to power it, to replace my old 410 Laney rig.

Firstly i would like to know more about the Ashdown Power Magnifier. I don't really know what it does or what its worth, or anything about it.

Secondly I would like to know if the Thunderfunk and Schroeder would match up. the 1212 is 800watts RMS 4/8Ohms and the Thunderfunk is 750watt RMS 4Ohms or 900watt RMS 2Ohms. Is 50watts enough 'head room'?

Cheers

2. What you have is a stereo power amp. They were available here in the states for a few years and then were no longer imported/manufactured due to poor sales. Not many out there!