Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Unknown Blues Artist

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matt Till, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Alright this dude was on late night with Carson Daley (yuck city), and I ignored his name because I figured, he's on Carson Daley he must suck. But he was amazing. It was just him and a piano and he sang a song about how is daughter ran away from home and he just wants her to know that he loves her. And afterwards I was like :bawl:

Now that's blues brother!

This was a long time ago, and I don't even know if that show still exsists.

2. i remember that! that was on a while ago too. i forget the name, but the guy really was amazing...
    i was really feeling sorry for the guy by the end of the song!

3. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Yeah, but who is the guy?

Another one in the same vein: I saw a guy playing piano with URB and drums, singing about being a regular slacker twenty-something guy. THe song had some nice fairly jazzy breaks on piano, then the singer/pianist gets up and walks around for a little while, leavinf the bass and drums to do their thing without him. Then he looks shocked and runs back to his bench to play the end of the song.

It was a cute segment, and the music didn't suck.

Now, who was that guy, as well?

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    bump...

5. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    Could it have been Jamie Cullum?

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I just did an image search... no, this dude is much older and blacker.

7. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa

LOL :D

8. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Ummmm I think he meant for my question. And yes He fits the description. I liked the webpage referring to him as a 'jazz hobbit.' Funny, that.

9. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa

I got a little confused there for a minute that was funny. I read through these threads too quickly sometimes. :)
    I was impressed by Jamie Cullum when I saw him on TV. His music was alot more sophisticated that most of the new stuff I hear. It was pretty much straight ahead jazz and Cullum was kind of a wildman, banging the strings on his piano, singing accappella and using his piano as a percussion instrument.