1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Unknown brand 60s Japanese violin bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by AcridSaint, Jul 11, 2017.

1. AcridSaint

AcridSaint ベーシスト Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Raleigh
    I don't play well.
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hey Folks,

I am not excited about getting rid of any of my Japanese basses, but I need to get rid of some gear. This is a Teisco or other rebranded violin bass from the 60s that Japan did so well.

This was my cubicle bass at the office. I'm not going to blow smoke up anyones anywhere, this bass has seen better days. It's scarred up. It has some rust on it. It has a pickup cover rattle that can't be tightened. The frets are worn...

There are some good points. The truss rod is stiff as all get out, but it works. I bent an allen wrench breaking it free, but it works. The strings are basically new tape wounds. The pickups sound good and are NOT microphonic, as can happen with these basses. It looks cool and sounds cool. It's fun to play... it's a bass...

I don't have a case for it.

No trades, I am trying to reduce my gear. violin-0001.jpg violin-0002.jpg violin-0003.jpg violin-0004.jpg violin-0005.jpg violin-0006.jpg

2. BaileyMan

BaileyMan Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2012
    San Francisco
    That's a pretty cool looking bass...wish I could justify it...

AcridSaint likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 13, 2021