Unknown Chilis song title?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by chris h, Jun 29, 2002.

1. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    I went to see the Chili Peppers at the London Arena on wednesday and it was amazing. Problem is, about third song in the set thay played an (Unreleased??) song which I dearly love but cant find the name of so i can buy it. It must be a B-side from a single or something. There is a smallish clip of it on the 'Funky Monks' video and the lyrics in the chorus go something like:

Where I'm goin
    I d-dont knowwww,
    Ive got to-got to-got to
    Take it slooooow,
    When i find
    Myyyy piece of miiiind,
    Im gonna give you
    some of my home cooking... (Or something)

It is a fairly slow laid back tune. I thought it might be called Felas cock or Sickamaniko but after buying both of these (great songs also) I realised It wasn't.

If anyone could help me identify the tune, I would be very greatful.
    Thankyou very much,
  2. that songs "soul to squeeze"!! i get to see the chili's in december! im so excited!
  3. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Thanks a lot mate. I have heard that somewhere before. is it a cover? Do you know what single it is on, if any??!!

4. no probs man!....
    ummm nah i dont know if its a cover, or if it is on any of the singles or somethin....but i just got the by the way single and they have done covers of 2 songs called time, and teenager in love!
  5. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    Grrr, I was going to go but I didn't have enough money. All my friends went without me :(

Apparantly Andrew WK went down well :D

Ahhh ! I'm so angry that I couldn't go !

Sorry, just had to rant :rolleyes:
  6. Jarrod

Jan 1, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    "Soul to Squeeze" was recorded during the "bloodsugarsexmagik" sessions but it wasn't on that album... it was actually released on the Coneheads movie soundtrack! it was also available on its own single which is now out of print... i'm not sure if the coneheads soundtrack is still in print either, for that matter

i heard that the song is going to be on a promo-only greatest hits cd that the band's label is putting out to create more buzz about the new album, but again, you won't be able to buy it

tracking down an out of print disc will be tough... i say you download it
  7. Its no cover, its one of the Chili's most famous songs!
  8. Woop. Soul 2 Squeeze is a great song to play and play out. Good thing.
  9. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Cheers people. Just downloaded it. Nice.
  10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Flea's best recorded bass work, by far!

I bought the Coneheads soundtrack for that one song. I rarely buy a CD for one song, but that one is worth it!
  11. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    true, true. I bought the Waynes World soundtrack for the song Sickamanaiko or however you spell it!
  12. cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    Score...i heard this morning chilie peppers are stoppin thru here on the 31 of july...it'll cost me an arm and a leg but i will make it to that show...it'll be my first real concert...unless you count hootie and the blow fish in 6th grade...i am so psyched...:D
  13. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Sweet. I would have gone to the London gig even if I had lost my arms and legs the previous evening. Enjoy it! sure you will.
  14. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I love Soul To Squeeze! I have it on a cd I found, Plasmashaft, and it has 2 versions of If You Have To Ask, live version of Nobody Weird Like Me, STS and more.:)
  15. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Wicked! I didnt know everyone liked it so much! What do you all think of the new single, by the way? In GB there is two versions, one with live versions of 'Seek and Distroy' and 'What Is Soul' (Both brill) and the other has an unreleased track called 'Time' and another track called 'Teenager in love' where the guys take a beach boys type of attitude. I got both this morning and think the new album should be excellent... The new tracks played at the gig were, anyway!:)