Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Unknown Ovation Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 4stringplayer, Mar 29, 2004.

Deleted

Poll closed Apr 8, 2004.
  1. Deleted

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Deleted

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. I have a Solid Body Bass made by Ovation under the Brand Name Celebrity, but i know nothing of it and the internet provides no info on it, could someone please help me out. The pic is me with the bass message me if you wish for me to post a better cause that is the only one i have right now

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Welcome to TB!

Please, if you're going to make a poll, make it about the same topic as your thread.

I deleted the poll. If you want to start it again, do it over in Bassists, OK?

3. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Ovation started importing solid bodies with the Celebrity brand name back in the mid 1980s. The headstock of your bass confirms that :D They were Korean made, low-end instruments. I'm not sure when they dropped the line, but after Kaman Music (Ovation's parent) acquired Hamer they started selling the Slammer import line instead.

That's all I know.

4. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    Yeah, I have a Magnum that I've used since the early 80's and as I recall the other models were indeed built in Korea. That's about the extent of my knowedge on the celebrity..sorry