Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Unknown Washburn...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dudemeister, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Hi,
    Here are some pictures of my first bass. I have no idea what model it is, but according to the number on the back of the headstock (800520) i assume it's a month and a half younger than me.

Does anybody know what bass it is?
    Do you have any specs for it?
    What is it worth? (I got it for approx 150$ including a 20W Gorilla comboamp)

Thanks alot!

[​IMG]

2. Back.

3. Headstock.
    Sorry for the dust...:)

4. Another pic of the back.

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I'm not sure what kind of bass it is but I do know it's a REALLY COOL looking bass. I hope it plays as good as it looks:cool:

6. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    as Nino said that bass is really nice!!

7. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    There was one of those on gbase for a long time, but it doesn't seem to be there now. Might be made in Japan, which would be a plus. I think some of them had factory DiMarzios.

8. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    thats a pretty cool bass! Not what I would normailly go for, but I like it!

P@

9. I'll have to admit that I haven't played it seriously for a couple of years since i bought my Spector NS20004.
    It's got a really "fat" sound but it's uncomfortable as heck. If you sit down and play the pickups are about fifteen centimetres to much to the right to be comfy and the neckdive is quite evil, but besides that it's a nice bass.

I posted this question about a year ago, but then i didn't have any pictures of it. There someone told me it could be a Hawk or an Eagle i think. I also know a guy who's got the guitar version of this bass. Looks almost exactly the same.

10. I finally got an answer from Washburn:

That is a Scavenger Bass from the early 1980's it's got a mahogany top, rock maple neck, rosewood fingerboard and and split single coil pickup.

I've only found two other references to this bass on the net though...
    Does anybody know anything more about it?