1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Unlined, fretless Essex - are they made?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Disco_Gee, May 13, 2006.

1. I want to get a cheap fretless. Money is pretty tight for me at the moment so I dont want to buy something that's expensive only to find that I'm not really into fretless. I played a fretless Cort a few times before and I liked it enough to consider buying one. I'd like to get something in the price range of an Essex but I really want an unlined board. I've checked Rondo and they only stock lined fretless'. Do Essex make unlined ones? Or is there another brand I should consider for the same price/quality?

2. Nobody knows?

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I don't think that there is any unlined ones, at least, I haven't seen any...

4. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I've never seen an unlined fretless SX, but I know that Mighty Mite, a good quality, low budget parts company sells an unlined Ebonal fretless neck. I believe it's a P-style neck, too.

5. Kruton

Kruton

Aug 20, 2005
    Ocean Springs, MS
    What's their website?

6. though not an SX, rondo music sells some unlined fretlesses by Brice. Right now they have a 5, two 6ers, and an 8 string model for sale.