1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Unlined fretless JAZZ build, thin neck, HSC, sounds killer!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MasterBass!, Aug 30, 2017.

1. MasterBass!

MasterBass! Reaching new Highs in Lows!! Supporting Member In Memoriam

Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    *** SOLD ***

Hey guys.....if you are thinking about diving into the world of fretless without spending a small fortune....here is a pretty kool unlined fretless Jazz Bass build for your consideration. I built this with ALL brand new components a year or two ago to use here at my studio for giving fretless lessons. It's only been played by students a handful of times, and never gigged. But I currently don't have any fretless students, so it's on the block. Its almost like new, except for a couple little scuffs. The red paint is very metallic, although it doesn't show well in my crappy pics.

The neck is superb...very thin profile and a (1.5" nut). I'd say it's even thinner than a typical Fender Jazz neck. Fretboard has almost zero wear. Has a set of brand new 45-105 Super-Flats on it. Action is very low and it just about plays itself. :)

Pickups are standard Jazz Bass and sound VERY good, with a BIG tonal difference between the neck and bridge pups. Sounds very big, but very smooth and has great mwaah. Electronics all work as new. Brand new tortise pickguard and thumbrest. The headstock FunkMaster Custom Bass waterslide decal is NOT cleared over and is removable if you so choose. Includes truss rod and bridge adjusting tools. Also includes a brand new set of pickup and bridge chrome covers (not yet drilled)

$375 for just the bass, or $425 with the like-new HSC in the pics. Its as is. Paypal is fine, and shipping @ actual cost. It's a really nice budget fretless that won't break your bank account!! Again...this is not a Fender, it's a build.

I may swap for a fretted Fender P or J Bass 4 stringer (or maybe others) a 1x12 or 2x10 NEO bass cabinet or combo, or lightweight bass head. (+/-) cash either from you or me.

OFFERS / QUESTIONS via PM please.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    Jefenator and Inara like this.
  2. MasterBass!

MasterBass! Reaching new Highs in Lows!! Supporting Member In Memoriam

To answer numerous PM's, the weight is 9.1 pounds. :)

Attached Files:

3. purpleflyhunter

purpleflyhunter

Feb 11, 2005
    Would you mind please expounding on where the components of bass came from?

Thanks very much and best of luck!

radmin and feschyn like this.
  4. You don't bother answering my pm and you don't tell any of us what parts you used?? Whats up with that?

5. Callused Finger

Callused Finger

Feb 22, 2007
    New York
    Very cool bass! I would if I could.

Reminds me of my black/black/maple parts build, all high end.

If the bass plays anything like the pictures it's worth every penny.