unofficial acoustic control corp. webpage!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by stevekim, Mar 27, 2002.

1. stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    it's finally done! thanks to john heflin, i was able to finish this page sooner than i thought. i'm glad because i would never have been able to finish this on my own. please check it out: . there is a message board, pictures, and hopefully we'll be able to add interviews with some of the original engineers from acoustic!

steve kim
  2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    OK, tell me what planet I'm on. I got to the index page and have a nice black screen staring at me with nowhere to go.

I read the HTML source code and I can tell I'm supposed to see a bunch of links to various pages but they don't appear.

3. stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    hmmm....that's not good. you aren't using netscape by any chance are you? netscape tends to be a little buggy. i don't have netscape on my home computer but i will check at work first thing tomorrow.

4. Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    The page worked fine for me.

Btw, I like the created with notepad logo! LOL :D ;)
  5. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Nice work, stevekim.
  6. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Good start! Looking forward to some more content. I will send you some pics of my 150b and cab and gig stories when i get a chance. :cool: :D
  7. downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    i've been looking for my guitarists friends head on various sites, it looks alot like a 160, but it dosen't have 4 switches on the right side of the control panel, it has 2.
  8. stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    that's great, marleysghost! the more input we get from fans the better.

9. VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    Nice job, those brochure photos take me back. My 136 hasn't missed a beat so I never did get to use the liftime garantee card.
  10. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I met John Heflin (at a gig of his) recently and also sold him a Acoustic mod 140 bass amp that I had. One of the nicest an coolest guys you ever will meet. Hats off to him!!!!

11. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts

That's one reason Microsoft ended up in court...doing stuff like pushing HTML and Java extensions that only worked with MS browsers.

I use Netscape because it's the only browser that runs on ALL the platforms I have to use (no IE for UNIX or Linux machines, baby).

End of soapbox :D
  12. stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    yes, john's a great guy. we've been IM-ing constantly since we started work on this project. he probably more of an "acoustic" freak than i am!

brian, the page works with netscape 6.2 but doesn't on 4.6. it actually works better on netscape 6.2 than on IE for some reason. i hand coded the pages in notepad so it's probably got some bugs.

i've also added some new descriptions in the products page. my collection of old catalogs is pretty limited but i've been trying to incorporate some of the info in these catalogs on the webpage.

13. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Nice site! I like it!
    I owned one of dem a few years back!!!
  14. John Hef

John Hef

Mar 28, 2002
    Damascus, Md
    hi, my name is john and im an acoustiholic.

hey this board seems pretty nice. gotta give credit for the site to steve, he designed it.

for what it's worth, i now have:
    2 106 cabinets 2x15
    136 1x15
    140 (thanks quad haha... ;)
    301 1x18
    361 1x18
    i think thats all
    got a 370 last night but it has issues, going down to the music store to look at the 2 they have today.

also talked my guitar player into buying an acoustic, but its the brown junk ones (250 and 469, sounds good for guitar though)

dont stop a rockin!
  15. Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    John, that's a killer collection! Acoustics are way cool!
  16. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Yeah I felt back selling John that 140 for a few reasons.
    1 - The thing rocked!!
    2 - It was in Awesome shape!!
    3 - I sold it to him cheap
    4 - He gave me literally every dollar in his pocket to pay for it. I felt sh!tty cleaning him out, but we had cut this deal while the amp was still in ship ment to my house.

When I got it I was blown away at just how clean it was. I was actually hoping that the deal would fall through, but I'm a man of my word and hooked him up. Anyway, he promised my that if he ever went to sell it, I had first dibbs and would get it back at the price he paid me (and I'll gladly cough it up!). He's like the f'ing Acoustic Smithsonian, so I doubt I'll ever get it back though.. :eek: :eek:

See ya!!!
  17. stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca

Acoustic Smithsonian...i like that!

there's actually one guy, george grexa, who is insane when it comes to acoustic equipment. he's spent something like $40,000 on acoustic control corp. stuff. if you need something, chances are he'll have it. we hope to have him be a regular contributor to the site.

if you *are* looking for something or you have some acoustic stuff to sell, be sure to post on our message board.

18. John Hef

John Hef

Mar 28, 2002
    Damascus, Md
    its a good thing i bought that 140 from you too, last week the 270 i had been using for the 106's died and with out that, i'd have no poweramp....untill today that is. I have aquired three, 370's in the past 24 hours...hahaha.
  19. chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    I know this is a bass site but what was the Acoustic guitar combo that had 2x12 Altecs and the head or controls were facing up?. Wheels popped into the side. A friend had one new and it was incredible. It came with a sheet that showed knob positions so that it could imitate other amps and guitar sounds. It did this really well. And we were tube snobs at the time!
    P.S. I later bought a 360 and rocked the known world.