Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Unreleased Stone Temple Pilots songs here!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by RadioPilot, Jul 2, 2004.

1. RadioPilot

RadioPilot

Jul 2, 2004
  2. Recordings...

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Good call! Moved.

4. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    I love STP. Thanks for sharing. Never been the that site before. Pretty good tunes, but I can see why they were left off of there respective albums. Think I like "You can't drive me away" best. They were such a creative band, too bad they are gone. Oh, but thank god for Velvet Revolver (wish you could hear the sarcasm).

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I could see down the road them comming together and making music as a band again.

6. MAJOR METAL

Thats a good tune, my favorite of the 5.

7. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    I admire your optimism. It would be great. I would settle for new band minus Weiland. Don't get me wrong he's a great vocalist, but I really blame him for STP's short comings. The Deleo's and Kretz are the **** though anything those three do would be great I'm sure.

8. MAJOR METAL

It is true, Scott's issues were the main factor in holding them back. I hope he stays clean.

9. RadioPilot

RadioPilot

Jul 2, 2004
    I can really hear the James Jamerson influence in You Can't Drive me Away and Heed the Water Whisper. There's also a bit of Led Zep and Alice in Chains feel in that song. The chorus is particularly AIC sounding.

10. MAJOR METAL

I here some Beatles influence in their also, what a great band.