1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Unsure about MIM Jazz Fretless...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PartyFindsYOU, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Now that I have come into some money, my GAS has flared up again and I'm hunting for some new toys. I was putting around my local Guitar Center today, and I came across a used MIM Fender Jazz fretless bass. I played with it for about half an hour, messed around with the tone controls, and I liked the feel. The only problem is, this is your typical GC bass - old, old strings and an iffy setup. I'm not really sure I got the full experience out of the bass. I'm thinking about picking up this one, but I'm pretty hesitant. I don't want to shell out the cash for it and find out it isn't what I expected it to be. Should I take a chance and grab it, or should I keep waiting for something better to come along?

2. No matter what you're buying or how much you're paying, something better will always be on the horizon. If you like the bass, buy it.

3. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    If you got the scratch, get the bass. You could do a lot worse than an MIM fender. If it appeals to you now, and you know it will even be better with new strings and a good set-up, and you can afford it, it sounds like a no-brainer.

4. I've owned a Fender MIM fretless jazz and a Squier VM fretless jazz. I honestly prefer the Squier. Just throwing that out there.

Of course it does say Squier on the headstock....:bag: