1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Untapered La Bella Deep Talking flatwound B string?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by onomatopoeia, Jan 9, 2006.

1. onomatopoeia

onomatopoeia Guest

Dec 2, 2005
    SoCal
    I spoke recently with Bob at La Bella, who said that they make untapered Deep Talking flatwound B strings. I've been to several shops in the L.A. area, including the Amp Shop, and even talked to Leo at BigCityStrings, but no luck finding one. Anyone know where to get a set with (or individual) untapered Deep Talking flatwound B strings? TIA

2. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I just bought a set of 6 string from juststrings.com and I don't remember the B string being tapered.

3. onomatopoeia

onomatopoeia Guest

Dec 2, 2005
    SoCal
    You don't happen to have the part number for that 6 string set, do you? I was originally on juststrings.com, but they don't have a 6 string flatwound set listed (or at least one that stood out from the dozens of others listed!) I think I'll give them a call before they close for the day....

4. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Damn I wasn't paying attention. I got the nylon tape wound "deep talkin'"strings. Sorry for the bad report.. :(