Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Until now this is my final list for been tested tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Funky Tune, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    Ok tomorrow i go to test basses,and my list is going to growth with each day,but until now pick this basses as my maybe buying list,only one can win.

• 1-Jazz Custom Shop,used like newthe pick guard plastic cover remain in the bass
    • 2-Jazz Bass American Deluxe new
    • 3-Ernie Bass Music Man StingRay or his brother Sterling
    • 4-Wawick Corvette or Thum,Bass Central have tons of them,all options nice prices
    • 5-Peavy Cirrus,oh good,they are very nce overall bass
    • 6-G&L 2500 right now one of my favs for buying,everybody talks good about them,superior by far to Jazz or Stingrays
    • 7Specto Euro LXr maybe 4 string but this basses are to hot and i love the sound and they are the more easy to play and comfortable bass in my list
    • 8-Bongo5 or 4 with HH you know Bongo is Bngo
    • 9-Used Flea bass 4 in Bass Central
    • 10-Used Tobias i found in the web,not like new but still sound good
    • 11-Toby Killer B,i dont know nothing about them
    i have more options but i remind this now,if you have nice picks to me,please tell me,i need all the help here,i love playing bass,my next gear is going to be my year for the rest of my life,i can,t go wrong with nothing,perfect selection and execution for geting my new equipment,thank,s. :hyper:

2. Luckydog

Luckydog Supporting Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    oh,no,no please tell me why..i need your help,tomorrow is the great day :(

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    It's sounds like you have great list. I would just add Lakland Skylines and Yamaha B414/415 & BB614/615 if they are available in your area.

5. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    think yes,the local store have some Yammy in stock,you remin me test the RXB series and Ibanez BTB series.

6. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Let me guess, you're right-handed? No, I'm not bitter, why do you ask? :D

7. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Funky Tune ..... are you going to play all of these basses tomorrow? In one place ?? :eek: Or is this just your wish list ??? :confused:

You should thin the list down some, you're going to go into bass overload. It seems like you have mentally narrowed your selections down to either the G&L "right now one of my favs for buying ..... superior by far to Jazz or Stingrays" or the Spector "they are the more easy to play and comfortable bass in my list".

Try to get focused and see what feels right for you :cool:

8. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    hi,and thanks for your help,ok yes,i go tomorrow too early to my local shop to test all of them,if they have in stock at this time,but i can spend 5 or 6 hours in the store,i have friends in the store and they give me all the basses for my rides :D yuo are in the same way than me,G&L abd Spectors are strongs candidates,this two are my favorites as this ponit and sure the Custom Shop Jazz is very good too,but the G&L is call all my atention and sure Spector Euro,uffffff :hyper:

9. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Funky;

After all this time you'd consider owning something besides a Jazz? Say it isn't so! Get the Fender Custom shop. You KNOW you want it!

10. Try to find a Lakland 44-02 or 55-02. I played one a few weeks ago, and now Im dead set on what bass Im buying next.

11. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    yeah,i think this same argument,Custom Jazz at incredible price shipped to P.R.,oh god,