1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

untill i get my cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bigwig, Jun 23, 2004.

  1. Bigwig


    Dec 27, 2003
    my brother has speakers for his turntables...he has two 2x8's but the backs have wire inputs (red and black) ...like spearers for a stereo...
    is there any convertor that can change that to 1/4'' inputs for a instrument cable...or will i have to wait for my cab?
  2. thejohnkim


    Sep 30, 2003
    if your amp has binding posts, you can just use any old bare speaker wire, as long as you go red-to-red and black-to-black
  3. Happy MurphDay

    Happy MurphDay

    Mar 9, 2004
    yeah, if you have a junk cable, or one that you dont use, cut it and strip it hook them up and wrap electrical tape completely around the exsposed wires, good luck
  4. hyperlitem

    hyperlitem Guest

    Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    you can get quarter inch to banana plug inputs, which in essence is the same thing i think. Im sure you could pick something up like that.
  5. Bigwig


    Dec 27, 2003
    so if i cut a patchcord open....i just attach red wire to the red wire input on the speaker...and black wire to black wire input in the speaker?
  6. karrot-x

    karrot-x Banned

    Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Don't forget that you're using a bass which is a much more powerful signal then a turn table amp is. I wouldn't suggest slapping with those :).
  7. Bigwig


    Dec 27, 2003
    ya ur rite...ill just wait it out
  8. Superfly7044


    Jun 19, 2004
    Good idea. You'll blow those speakers for sure