Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Untouchables?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Julien, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Julien

Julien

Dec 29, 2001
    Paris,France
    what do you think of this of this album?please all chronic korn blowers don't response)
    i'm a korn fan but this one is holy crap

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I usually like most KoRn stuff, but somehow none of the songs on there really hit me.

I sometimes had the impression that the hooklines, vocal melodies, etc. didn't really fit together.
    I need to listen to it again in order to be able to specify it, but I had the overall feeling that the whole album is without a clear direction and no really good ideas in sight.

But that's just me.

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    A reviewer in Sweden's next most popular newspaper gave it rave reviews... 5 out of 5, claiming it to be a new classic that always will be remembered. I must say I doubt it. I have only heard one song so I haven't got the whole picture, but at least that song was nothing special to me.

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i agree, from what i've heard, a few songs, it seems like there's not too many melodic hooks there. i'll probably get it, though, and give it a few listens.

what?

5. juanpauribe

juanpauribe

Dec 16, 2001
    Colombia
    the cd hasnt arrived over here yet but the first single "here to stay" has, and i love it. I just hope that the cd doesnt suck like you guys say.

6. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Resisting...urge...to...flame...

7. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Good. There's really no reason to, you know. ;)

8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    not to mention you're _SEVERELY_ outclassed.

[​IMG]

9. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I'm just the oppisite, I'm not really a Korn fan, but I've liked the sound clips of the songs I've heard.

10. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Ive only heard 4 or 5 songs but it all sounded the same to me.

I heard them (Korn) talking about it and they were calling it there "masterpiece" and what not, I even heard FiElDy try to say something "musical" but it made no sense at all.

11. RyKnoz

RyKnoz

Dec 22, 2001
    NYC
    IT IS THE GREATEST OF THEIR CD'S SO FAR.
    I listened to all the tracks and will be soon gettng it this weekend. It is the best KoRN album yet.
    I d/l all the tracks in march of course.... But I'll STILL BUY IT!:D

12. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    I like "here to stay". I haven't gotten around to getting the rest of the album. I used to be a big fan of korn but then I hated them because they were trendy or something like that. I'm still trying to find why I really didn't like them during that period. I kinda like them again, but I'm kinda quiet about it :)

13. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    It's not bad! I like it a lot better than the last one anyway. I've heard a lot worse in the bass dept too. -Not bad at all. My critique would be that the hooks sound a bit contrived. It's as if a producer had a bag of them and slapped one on each song, but without the skill to really mesh the melodic hook and the rest of the tune as well as it could have been. -Still, not bad at all.