Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Unusual Lane Poor Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rubo, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Easily one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen in the instrument world.

2. zbigniew

zbigniew

Nov 14, 2002
    Northern Iceland
    Ahh, yes. I've seen this before. If I remember correctly it doesn't have conventional frets but instead the frets are sculpted or molded as part of the graphite neck.
    In fact now that I think of it I think I once saw this in Bass Player's group shot of Allen Woody's huge bass collection.

3. Franklin229

Franklin229 Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeast USA
    Unusual Lane Poor Bass? When are they not? I remember these when they
    first came out. Tried one at my local music store. Some clever design elements, namely the stepped frets. Neck is actually molded in a gradual saw-tooth pattern. Each high "tooth" if you will represents a fret. Would have loved to seen more freindly body styles on this bass.

4. knarleybass

knarleybass Commercial User

Apr 6, 2005
    Tustin, CA
    Owner of Ulyate Instruments
    I do remember this bass, I saw it at the NAMM show, it was crazy. Also if I recall Jack Cassedy played one in Hot Tuna....

5. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    theres something under the pickupu, in the boddy edge, wich name in english i dont know, what is it used for?

6. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx

That looks like a roller. No doubt it is a volume control.

7. Bass Northwest had one of these some time ago. Very interesting indeed.

8. Wow...i dont like the look of that bass too much...they may make good pickups, but that bass is too "out there" for me.