1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Unusual noise?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by klamaz, Feb 12, 2006.

1. klamaz

klamaz

Aug 8, 2004
    Virginia
    So, I'm having some troubles with my bass, a Schecter Studio 5.

A while ago, I broke off a battery clip part. No big deal, jerry rigged it with tape for a while, then got it fixed at GC. Great. Works fine for a few days, even took it to a jam session.

I wake up this morning, pick it up, and realize it was plugged in all night. Turn it on, batteries are dead. Not a big problem, but along with the normal buzz of a dead battery, there's a constant noise. Don't think much of it. Change the batteries, and turn it on-the noise is still there. It sounds like some sort of static or something. I change the batteries again to make sure they aren't the problem, this time using a different kind of nonrechargable battery, and the noise is still there. Its not the amp, because the noise goes away when I unplug my bass. Tried it with another bass, amp works fine. The noise is still there even if I turn the volume all the way down. That leadsme to believe its a preamp problem, but I really don't know what I'm talking about so I could be wrong.

Edit-oops, mabye this should be in the repair forum. Sorry if I'm in the wrong.

Any advice?