Unusual noise?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by klamaz, Feb 12, 2006.

1. klamaz

Aug 8, 2004
    So, I'm having some troubles with my bass, a Schecter Studio 5.

A while ago, I broke off a battery clip part. No big deal, jerry rigged it with tape for a while, then got it fixed at GC. Great. Works fine for a few days, even took it to a jam session.

I wake up this morning, pick it up, and realize it was plugged in all night. Turn it on, batteries are dead. Not a big problem, but along with the normal buzz of a dead battery, there's a constant noise. Don't think much of it. Change the batteries, and turn it on-the noise is still there. It sounds like some sort of static or something. I change the batteries again to make sure they aren't the problem, this time using a different kind of nonrechargable battery, and the noise is still there. Its not the amp, because the noise goes away when I unplug my bass. Tried it with another bass, amp works fine. The noise is still there even if I turn the volume all the way down. That leadsme to believe its a preamp problem, but I really don't know what I'm talking about so I could be wrong.

Edit-oops, mabye this should be in the repair forum. Sorry if I'm in the wrong.

Any advice?