Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Unusual SGC Nanyo SB310 Bass Collection

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by pointbass, Nov 24, 2004.

1. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    I've been holding on to this SB310 Bass Collection 4 string for several years now. It's not too common over here in the US, but it still carries a decent rep in Europe.

This bass is in nearly mint condition, not heavily played so none of the usual road scratches on it. It's got a bolt on full 24 fret neck, double cutaway body and a real small headstock. The bass is really light and is well balanced.

Active electronics, SGC Nanyo pick-ups, Gotoh tuners. Nice cherry finish.

SGC went out of business several years ago, and there is only limited information on the company and bass. There have been a couple of mentions in TB forums (search SGC Nanyo Bass Collection), or look on the internet for other details.

This bass will sell well overseas, but I'm really not interested in shipping out of the country. I'm really interested in a trade for a Fender 5. I need to do some work on my 5 and I'm looking for a playable 5 to fill in for a while.

If you're into overseas selling you can make some money with this bass. Do the research, you'll see what I mean. This thing is all original.

Pic's will be availbale in the next few days. If no bites in the next week, I'll take my chances and e-bay it myself.

2. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Finally got some pics done. More detailed info available.