1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

'up' to the 'grade'

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kroy, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Kroy

Kroy

Jan 19, 2006
    Just found a nice deal on the Bay. For a long time I've been playing a Danelectro Longhorn Reissue. It's not a terrible bass but it's not that great either. It was really good for me to practice on and develope a few chops but I've been ready for an upgrade for a while. So I bought this.

I'd played the model a few times in GC. It's a nice medium step for me right now. Heck of a deal. The ones at GC are marked 560 or so, so I'm stoked. I just won the auction this morning so it hasn't come yet. I'll post pics and such when I get it. Just wanted to share. I feel like a proud new father.

2. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    That's a nice looking bass. Good price too - nice grab!

3. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    Congratulations, there is nothing like getting a new bass.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I was checking those out at GC the other night. They look really nice.

-Mike

5. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Oh yeah I've seen these before. I love how they look, even though I'm not too big into the colour. I'd consider getting one myself but I don't use five strings. But hey, congrats. It's a really nice looking guitar in real life.

6. Kroy

Kroy

Jan 19, 2006
    wdinc01 - If it's the layered look you like. They have the same look on their Studio basses. They're layered Bubinga and Mohagany. They sound nice too, I was actually looking at a 4 string but I really wanted a fiver. This deal just kinda came out of nowhere.

7. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    That's purty! Great price too. New gear is always cool.

8. Kroy

Kroy

Jan 19, 2006
    Yeah so I've had this thing for a while now and I never got around to posting any sound clips or pictures. I still really like my bass. I finally got off my tuckus and recorded some clips. Here they are. These were recorded, literally, using a computer headset mic sitting on the floor in front of my amp hooked straight into a laptop.

This is my Schecter Custom-5 played through my Fender BXR 100W combo amp. I set my EQ but my knobs on the bass are (for the most part) flat, there are some exceptions of course. But for the most part, this is the bass's natural sound.

Boring Scales (nothing fancy)

Funk (pretty sloppy in places)

Chording (screwing around with "Groundhog's Day")

Schism (more screwing around - pun intended - with a Tool tune)

Don't make fun of my slop playing. I wasn't going for perfect takes just showing off my new baby's sound. :p

edit: I changed the Funk link. I cut that clip about in half. 1 minute of that same old lick over and again is quite enough.

9. aesir6

aesir6

Apr 5, 2006
    odessa texas
    All of the links say that they cant locate .... blah blah blah.......I dont know if they work for anyone else:confused:

10. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Yeah I got that too... it says the search returned no results.

Graeme

11. Kroy

Kroy

Jan 19, 2006
    Hmm ok, I thought I was clever in how I posted the sound bites. I'l look into it. Sorry.

12. Kroy

Kroy

Jan 19, 2006
    I think the files were under restricted access. I change them. Anybody know of a place like Photobucket for audio clips with free hosting?

13. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Actually, I meant the link to eBay says that the search returned zero results, so I can't see pictures of the bass.

Graeme

14. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I use PutFile.com.

Graeme

15. el_mariachi

el_mariachi

Mar 4, 2005
    Denver, CO
    sound clips worked great for me. bass sounds good. I like the primus and tool ones.

16. Kroy

Kroy

Jan 19, 2006
    Gotcha, I'll look into that. Yeah the auction was taken down and Schecter's website is acting crazy. I'll see if I can find a stock photo.

17. Kroy

Kroy

Jan 19, 2006
    Click this link to see the Schecter page with my model on it. Click the Natural Finish (NAT) to see the color I got.

18. Kroy

Kroy

Jan 19, 2006
    and thank you :)