Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

upbeat and acoustic

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by relman, Feb 18, 2002.

1. i'm trying to make a CD that will kinda cheer me up sometimes...or that's nice, cheerful and upbeat for when i'm cooking...i already have:

Joni Mitchell - Big Yellow Taxi
    Blues Traveler - Run Around (accu version)
    Barenaked Ladies - Alternative Girlfriend (accu version)
    Ben Harper - Steal My Kisses

any other suggestions??? (especially from you Bop, you've a great taste in music)

:)

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

You are too kind, Relman. Actually, I am kind of a laughing stock here sometimes, but it is all in good humor, so I soldier on. Sigh! :D

Let me give your question some thought. I assume by accoustic, you mean guitars and basses, etc. that aren't "electric" or don't sound electric. But you also want the song to be upbeat, not sad. That requires some thought. Oddly enough I lean toward the more rueful ballads myself.

3. I've already added Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp by Zeppelin...help anyone?

4. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Dude! Put some good drivin' bluegrass on there! That's about as "acoustic" as it gets, and it'll get your blood moving. Be careful in your car, though. Lotta that stuff will cause speeding tickets.

If you want MP3s, you can find a few on my website at http://www.eastwindbluegrass.com. There are more available on there than are shown...I can send you more links if you like those.

How's THAT for shameless self-promotion? :D

5. ooh! bob dylan's "most likely you go your way and i'll go mine."

it puts a spring in my step.