1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Upcoming debut album release 'Mr. Ears'!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by bassmancai, Apr 30, 2009.

1. bassmancai

bassmancai

Feb 6, 2005
    Hey dudios!

My name is Cai Marle-Garcia, a 23 year old bassist in London, and I've just finished working on my debut album entitled 'Mr. Ears'. It's in the jazz/rock fusion vein with a wide range of influences (though an obvious nod towards 'Weather Report'!) and I'm heading for an online launch through my website within the next few weeks.

I thought I'd just sound it out and point you in the direction of some clips so anyone that's interested can get a bit of a flavour! I've been around this place for a good few years now and there are more valuable opinions and ears in this place than probably anywhere else!

The album features saxophonists Tony Woods, Duncan Eagles and Rob Sell, keyboardists Kit Downes (BBC Jazz Rising Star Award 2008, Empirical, Jim Mullen, Dennis Rollins) and Steve Kite, drummers Martyn Kaine (Natalie Williams) and Dan Paton, guitarist Sagat Guirey (John Etheridge, Mark and Mike Mondesir, Robert Mitchell), Freddie Gavita (BBC Jazz Rising Star 2008) on trumpet, and Stuart Semple (Peter Erskine) on percussion.

If you're interested in the release or future gigs please show your support by signing up to the mailing list on my website...any support is welcome.

The clips up are pretty short right now...teasers in every sense. I'm gonna be putting up longer tracks on the site / myspace within the next few days...

Also a big shout to Janek Gwizdala for his help - the guy is a legend.

Peace,

Cai

www.caimarlegarcia.com
    www.myspace.com/mrears